Monday, May 11, 2009

Ears as drivers

Ok, so this post is the result of a few things I hadn't gotten to work before. I don't know much about Java, so embedding this Processing applet in this blog is a big step for me. : )



This is me playing around with Processing to try to draw a picture to show my brother how I wanted to use amplitude information from the two mics on the sides of our ball project. Left is white, Right is red, and the difference between the length in the two lines makes the ball turn. It needs to stop listening when it gets too close, or when the difference is too small, and it will.

Processing uses very similar coding to Arduino, the hardware microcontroller system I like to use, so writing code in one gets me closer to having code in the other. : ) fun

Click on the window! (if it actually shows up, that is. :) ) clicking represents a sound happening in that field.








































This browser does not have a Java Plug-in.



Get the latest Java Plug-in here.












Source code: wood_move3


No comments:

Post a Comment